Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP and SSO in NetBackup 6.0 [NC]

2007-05-02 10:26:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP and SSO in NetBackup 6.0 [NC]
From: gilles.poussard at airbus.com (POUSSARD, Gilles (INFOTEL))
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 16:26:23 +0200
        Hello,

        I use direct attached tape drives ( through a SAN ) to backup my filers
. I don't use remote NDMP nor 3-way NDMP becaus I don't want to use the network
for backup or restore traffics.

        I have 2 questions:

        1) It seems that for NetApp filers we have the possibility to share
"filers direct attached tape drives" with media servers , but the DataOntap
version needs to be at least at 7.1.1 version. Because, my filers are only at
7.04P10 version until now, I can't share those direct attached tape drives. Is
it exact ??

        2) If I am in 7.1.1 DataOntap version, will I be able to share tape
drives between 2 filers ??

        Thanks .

        Gilles.