Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.0 and cluster (Veritas Cluster Server)

2007-04-27 15:58:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.0 and cluster (Veritas Cluster Server)
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:58:45 -0400
I think what they're saying is you can't use NetBackup the way you use
something like Oracle RAC - where the DB is accessible from both nodes
at the same time.   So I don't think THAT precludes what you suggest.

The question is, however, how would you separate your "media server"
directory structure from your "master server" directory structure?
Doing what you suggest sounds like a good way to maximize resources but
a good way to get into a real mess in certain kind of failures and at
least to give Symantec and easy out when you do have issues by saying
"that's not a supported configuration".