Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP and SSO in NetBackup 6.0

2007-04-26 10:41:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP and SSO in NetBackup 6.0
From: unixlifebox at gmail.com (Rongsheng Fang)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:41:37 -0400
Hi,

We have some Celerra NAS devices on the network (and SAN) and would like
to  use NDMP to back up those devices. We have a tape library with six
tape drives in the SAN. Is it possible to configure the Celerra NAS
devices to mount the tape drives from the SAN with NetBackup SSO option?
Or we have to mount the tape drive on one of the NetBackup media servers
and do three-way or remote NDMP backup? I read through the NetBackup for
NDMP SA's guide but still not clear on how SSO works with NDMP. Can
somebody kindly explain to me how SSO works with NDMP?

Thanks much,

Rongsheng