Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2003 logs during Backups.

2007-04-25 02:14:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2003 logs during Backups.
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon (external))
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:14:51 +0100
Logs will be purged with a STATUS 0 - anything higher will mean the logs
remain.

So you will need to try and identify what has happened or been skipped.

Ideally, you should be doing a DB backup for the logs to be purged.

Maybe you could try not doing Mailbox Backups (Brick level backups). Not
only is this time consuming, but Exchange 2003 offers features to allow to
recover mailboxes if they are removed / deleted.

Take a read of this for more info.... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823176
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823176>

Also, as a test, could you use NTBACKUP to perform a DB Backup of Exchange
to prove its nothing to do with NetBackup?

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net