Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] iostat not showing tape stats - SLES 9...

2007-04-23 05:26:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] iostat not showing tape stats - SLES 9...
From: Anderson.Mccammont at morganstanley.com (McCammont, Anderson (IT))
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:26:10 +0100
Tape device stats aren't currently supported in the Linux distros that
I've seen - the instrumentation isn't there in many of the block device
drivers.  I beleive this is also a limitation on HP/UX and some other
BSD-derived O/S's but I'm not sure on this.

If you're using SAN attached tape drives you can pull per port
information from your switches as a workaround, or piece together the
stats from each multiplexed stream over time.

Push your vendor to provide patches to enable iostat for block devices,
and to get them incorporated back into the base.