Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] kernel parameters for NetBackup 5.1 MP5 on solaris 10

2007-04-14 17:36:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] kernel parameters for NetBackup 5.1 MP5 on solaris 10
From: asiye.yigit at gantek.com (Asiye Yiğit)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 00:36:04 +0300
Hi,
As you know, in solaris 10, lots of parameters are obsoloted in system file.
So, I am trying to add the values which are bigger that the values which
solaris 10 has. For instance, msginfo_msgmni, shminfo_shmmax, shminfo_shmmni,
seminfo_semmni, seminfo_semmsl, seminfo_semopm. As far as I read from the
guides, I need to use projmod command to accomplish that. I have done this for
the project of 'user.root'. However, I am not sure that it is correct or not.
According my projmod command, the project file has been becomed as the
following. Are there any idea? I would appreciate any help.

system:0::::
user.root:1::::process.max-sem-nsems=(privileged,2048,deny);process.max-sem-ops=(privileged,2048,deny);project.max-msg-ids=(privileg
ed,256,deny);project.max-sem-ids=(privileged,2048,deny);project.max-shm-ids=(privileged,1000,deny);project.max-shm-memory=(privilege
d,17179869184,deny)
noproject:2::::
default:3::::
group.staff:10::::