Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] clients in hosts files and forcing NICs to FULL

2007-04-12 12:27:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] clients in hosts files and forcing NICs to FULL
From: AdamsDC at medsch.ucsf.edu (Adams, Dwayne)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:27:56 -0700
Hello,

I have managed a few backup environments and always put the backup
servers in the hosts file of the clients and the clients in the backup
server's hosts file.  I always like to control name resolution myself.
Do most backup administrator do that or am I a relic from the past?
Also, do most backup admins use AUTO negotiate or set the switch port
and the host to FULL DUPLEX? My practices are being questioned and I
would like to check to see if what I am doing is in line with what most
backup admins are doing.

Thanks in advance,

Dwayne Adams