Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] maximum backup streams for SAN data

2007-04-10 12:51:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] maximum backup streams for SAN data
From: SJACOBSO at novell.com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:51:14 -0600
Bobby,

I'd be interested in knowing of a link to that documentation/bug from Veritas.

Scott

>>> <bobbyrjw at comcast.net> 4/10/2007 9:51 AM >>>
If you are using NB5.1, don't make them larger than 1TB.  There is a reported
bug that documents that even though you get good backups, you can't restore.

I have seen the restores fail.  There is not a way to get it off of the tape.

Bobby.

From: "Adams, Dwayne" <AdamsDC at medsch.ucsf.edu>

Hello,

I am designing a new backup environment.  I have some NDMP data to backup with
volumes that can grow up to 5TB each. Should I separate the volumes into to
multiple streams for NDMP backups in excess of a TB? I have read that this is a
best practice but I would like to know what people are doing in the real world*
 I am aware of the benefits of shrinking the dataset if a job fails. =)

Thanks in advance,

Dwayne Adams