Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Preventing Media Expiration when doing a Catalog

2007-04-05 11:38:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Preventing Media Expiration when doing a Catalog
From: kristofer at cybernetik.net (Kristofer)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:38:31 -0500 (CDT)
NOexpire prevents the expiration of images, and not media ; media will still
expire. Touching that will cause inconsistencies in your database and give you
a slew of other problems down the road. it causes more problems than anything.

The best option to not expire images is to either freeze the media that they're
on, or use bpexpdate -recalculate to recalculate a new expiration date of
infinity, or for however long you wish for the images to hang around.