Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Routing

2007-04-03 10:40:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Routing
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:40:32 -0400
I've got a client I'm trying to get working on a dedicated backend for
backup and its kickin' my butt.  NBU 5.1 MP6 client on a Redhat linux 3
server.

Here's the routing table:

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
10.10.202.0   *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth0 (.202.48 public frontend)
10.10.206.0   *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth1 (.206.48 private backend)
default         132.158.202.254 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
eth0

.202 is the "front end" (public network) and .206 is the "back end".

I can ping to/form this machine on both the front and backends.
I can connect to FTP on both the front and back ends.
I can telnet into bpcd from the client and other servers into the front
end.
I can telnet into bpcd from the client to its backend.

However, when I try telnet 10.10.206.48 bpcd from a master or media the
connect times out.

As far as I can tell routing is fine, because everything except bpcd
works on the backend.  Any ideas?  Does the client not pickup changes to
routing on the fly?  I've been beating my head against the wall for a
few hours here, I've got plenty of other servers with backend IPs and
they all work just fine w/ my config.

/sigh

-Jonathan