Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NFS Backups

2007-03-27 14:36:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NFS Backups
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:36:51 -0400
Great idea Paul!  The bulk of the data is going to be shared out to a single
NFS server.  So the plan was to test NFS --> Linux Server --> Media.  If I can
remember correctly, making that Media server a SAN media server would only run
$2500 or so which is about 25% the cost of NDMP.  We're a mixed Windows / Linux
/ Solaris environment.

-J