Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU Script

2007-02-15 19:46:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU Script
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:46:13 -0500
I put this together quickly last Friday in perl.  I'm not a perl guy so
its a bit rustic, but it will get you started.  Basically, I use this
report to make sure everything has been duplicated to tape.  The $nbrcpy
variable at the end tells me the number of copies (1 on disk, 2 on tape)
so it shouldn't be very difficult to write an if $nbrcpy > 1 then
bpexpdate the $image statement / loop.

This is pure windows.

-Jonathan

open(FIZZLE,"dir /B F:\DSSU |");
while (<FIZZLE>) {
@rows = split(/_/);
push (@images, "@rows[0]_ at rows[1]");
}
%seen = ();
@uniq = ();
foreach $item (@images) {
    unless ($seen{$item}) {
        # if we get here, we have not seen it before
        $seen{$item} = 1;
        push(@uniq, $item);
    }
}

foreach $image (@uniq) {
open(BPIMAGELIST,"bpimagelist -L -backupid $image |");
while (<BPIMAGELIST>) {
if (/Retention Level:\s(.+\))/){$retention = $1}
elsif (/Number of Copies: *([0-9.]*)/) { $nbrcpy = $1;}
elsif (/Expiration Time:\s(.+\()/){$expiration = $1}
}
print "$image,$nbrcpy,$retention,$expiration\n";
}