Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] master and media servers merge

2007-02-13 09:23:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] master and media servers merge
From: krzys at perfekt.net (Krzys)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:23:42 -0500 (EST)
hehehe... nie zwariowalem :)

My current configuration is Sun Sparc 280R running solaris 9 and netbackup
server, then I have HP ProLiant DL360 running Windows 2003 server with Intel
Xeon 3.6Ghz CPU and 2gb ram. My previous Sys admin was playing with this setup
and he originally did set it all up, and he said that he was getting much
better
performance out of the windows box that he could not get from the solaris box.

So for me instead of keeping both boxes I rather get rid of one... I am sun
solaris person so its not my favorite choice but if that is giving me better
performance then I would just go for it I guess...

So they are looking to merger Sun Solaris 9 box netbackup into Windows 2003
server that currently is mediaserver.

Thanks for help.

Chris