Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How many pepole does it take to administrate your backup environment(s)?

2007-02-05 10:17:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How many pepole does it take to administrate your backup environment(s)?
From: hampus.lind at rps.police.se (Hampus Lind)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:17:48 +0100
Hi all,

I am interested to find out how many persons that are administrating larger
backup environments.

We have one major site with 1 master and 5 media servers which have about
200 clients (hp-ux, solaris, linux, netware, windows) and over 100 database
agents (oracle and Informix). We have about 130 policies and 230 schedules.

The media servers are connected to a STK SL8500 with 8 tape drives and to a
SAN attached SATA array with 9 TB which we use for B-2-D-2-T. We backup
about 2TB data per day.

Apart from the site above we also have 3 smaller netbackup sites and 5 even
smaller backupexec sites to administrate. Total of another 100 clients and
agents.

We basically have one guy handling all these backup solutions, and most of
the time goes to take care of emergencies and such.

I would appreciate to know how many persons that are handling your
environments. So I have some referents when I talk to our management.

Thanks and regards,

Hampus Lind
Rikspolisstyrelsen
National Police Board