Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP4 appearing on FTP site

2007-01-19 18:41:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP4 appearing on FTP site
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:41:51 -0600
On 1/19/2007 4:50 PM, Tim Berger wrote:
> Ed (and others), how's it all going with 6.0 MP4?  I'm still with 5.1
> (MP6) but I'd like to use the improved staging capabilities of 6.0.
> Using RHEL 4, Update 4.

It's generally been good.  I think we've run into only 1 or two bugs
since we upgraded but then 5.1 wasn't flawless for us either.  I've seen
references from other people with various minor bugs but they haven't
affected us.  We're running a Solaris 9 master for our large environment
- we've got a RHEL master remotely but it's so small that it's not
really a good reference site.

> Someone mentioned that 3-way NDMP performance was worse but I'd like
> to hear from the list how MP4 is going in general.

We don't use NDMP so I can't comment on it.

Cheers,
        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA