Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Quick question about SQL Agent

2006-12-20 13:53:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Quick question about SQL Agent
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:53:45 -0800
>From my understanding, using the SQL agent means that the backup data is
traveling over the network. You could, in theory, make each SQL server a
media server and hang a couple of tape drives off them using SSO. But by
default a SQL agent is a network client.

My question, is there a way to use the SQL agent to backup SQL databases
(without making each SQL server a media server) that does not go across
the network?

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734