Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backups just stop

2006-12-19 12:38:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups just stop
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:38:18 -0500
Nb 5.0 mp6 Solaris 9

We are having a weird issue with our ndmp backups. We have 18 filers and
this failure is random and never the same filer back to back. What
happens is the backup starts, goes active in the activity monitor and
pushes some data and then just stops. No errors at all, nothing in the
logs and the backup will stay active until it is cancelled. Another
issues is that sometimes it goes active but never sends any data, again
no errors, nothing. NDMP status will sometimes say active and other
times say idle. Has our team and Symantec support stumped. We have
upgraded the firmware on the drives and robots and we are at the current
code level for the Netapp filers. We jut cant seem to figure out why.
Symantec just release the next MP level for 5.0 which we have not
applied yet but are thinking about it. Its weird. Any ideas or
suggestions?

Greg