Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 Read/Write LTO2

2006-12-19 12:03:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 Read/Write LTO2
From: WAly at Mobinil.com (Wessam Aly)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:03:55 +0200
Dave.. AFAIK, LTO3 will surely read LTO2 and LTO1 tapes no problem. but
it is not recommended to write with an LTO3 drive on an LTO2 tape. The
densities do make a difference in operation.

Some manufacturers also do not officially support it, but either way,
technically you should be able to read/write LTO2 tape with an LTO3
drive, but you'll be limited to the normal LTO2 capacity.

Regards,

Wessam Aly
Senior UNIX & Storage Systems Admin.
HPUX-CSA Certified Systems Administrator