Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File restore search?

2006-12-18 12:57:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File restore search?
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:57:26 -0800 (PST)
> Is there a way to search a list of backups for a specific file name to
> see if it exists on the backups?  i.e. I have a file name, but the
> person requesting the restore can't recall what directory / File System
> the file was stored in.

I don't know any way to "search" through them.  You could enumerate the
files in a backup with bplist or bpflist.  A quick script could let you
do that for all images with certain criteria, then let you know when it
had a match.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com