Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Checkpoint on backups.

2006-12-11 17:46:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Checkpoint on backups.
From: bob944 at attglobal.net (bob944)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:46:13 -0500
> Rather upset with them [Veritas] as
> they don't seem to get it that the vsp solution isn't very
> well programmed as their primary solution is to create a
> large logical disk on each client just for the vsp file.

Steve - OTM was a bit of a pain, the similar Veritas-written VSP is the
same, and in my very limited experience with it, the Microsoft VSS is
similarly a 90% solution/10% annoyance.

Serious question:  referring to your assessment above, what methodology
would do better at implementing a method of getting coherent file
backups of PC files opened with exclusive write locks?