Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Trunking in solaris...

2006-12-05 14:06:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Trunking in solaris...
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:06:54 -0800 (PST)
> Ie, the master server starts the backup via interface-A, the client sees
> the backup request from interface-A, and then starts transmitting backup
> data backup to interface-A.
>
> I'm getting almost exactly 50:50 loadbalancing of incoming data on a
> pair of GigE NICs.

Fantastic.  I'm letting through some of my greater familiarity with
networker, where I would oftentimes have to explicitly provide the
server interface in the configuration.  So there is no ability to
autobalance in that situation.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com