Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Weird 52 error becuase it positions tape

2006-12-04 20:39:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Weird 52 error becuase it positions tape
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:39:18 -0600
On 12/4/2006 4:28 PM, Joe Royer wrote:
> Sounds like a reservation conflict.  If you are using a scsi-fibre bridge,
> login to the bridge and see what the logs say, or try and see what it
> looks like while it's waiting.  Sorry I don't have anything solid to
> suggest (Media mount timeout?), it's been a while since I played with SSO.

We identified reservation conflicts in NBU 6.0 MP3 that were caused by
bugs in NBU.  Apparently the bugs have been there a long time and it
took Engineering a while to track it down.  We finally found them with
the help of the logs of our Decru logs.

It would not surprise me if the bugs were there in 5.0MP4 from what I
recall the engineers telling us.  It's *very* sporadic and it sure
didn't happen to us very often so it was a bit of a chore to identify.

If you really do have reservation conflicts, consider upgrade to 6.0MP4.
   I'd be surprised to see a fix come out for 5.0.

I don't think we saw status 52s though but I could be wrong (we saw so
many different status codes with 6.0MP3 it was hard to keep track).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org