Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multiple backups now failing after upgrade to 6.0MP4...seems more like a DOWNgrade so far....

2006-12-04 13:57:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multiple backups now failing after upgrade to 6.0MP4...seems more like a DOWNgrade so far....
From: cjmanders at lbl.gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:57:10 -0800
Hi all,

Symptom:
After upgrading from 5.1 to 6.0MP4 we have about 40 systems that are now
failing backups. They are all running older client software (like 4.5).
Solaris8, Solaris 9 and HP/UX 10.20 are the ones that are standing out.

Our testing with 6.0 showed them as functional prior to our upgrade.
Now, though, all of these older clients are failing.

Of course, for Solaris 8 and 9 the resolution was to upgrade to the 6.0
client software.

But for some systems that is just not possible. We are a laboratory, and
we need many of the older clients, like Solaris 2.6....which all worked
fine until the upgrade, regardless of the status of their support.

So far, the whole thing seems to be a reversal of functionality.

Anyone seen the same thing? Anyone got any interesting ideas or thoughts
about this?

Tx!

--Chris