Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN backups - incomplete streams

2006-12-01 14:25:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN backups - incomplete streams
From: backupicici at gmail.com (Veritas Netbackup)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 00:55:24 +0530
Hi Michael,

My problem is no error et all. And still the DBA seems to report that the
backup has failed. Much to our dismay, the restore of the very successful
backup also fails. EOF file error @ DR restore. Initially we thgt its
problem with the media, but later we fortunately had a similar situation
here on-site, checked with the DBA and he found that the backup had reported
error.

Its impossible from me to scan the multitudes of dbclient log files that are
generated. I'm totally at the mercy of my DBA to report errors and correct
them.

Gurus,

Any techniques you use for a large enivorn??? pls post so that I can derive
some strategy to tackle this situation.

Regards,
BIJU