Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup - Active Directory

2006-12-01 13:09:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup - Active Directory
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:09:31 -0500
"Active Directory" is actually both in the registry of a domain
controller and in several files on the disk, most notably -
%SystemRoot%\ntds\NTDS.DIT.  Suffice to say, you would probably never
restore just the registry to a domain controller, you would restore the
entire system in AD Restore Mode in which case yes, the C: and System
State would be enough to restore the "Active Directory."  No special
agent or policy is required.  Your average ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES will do the
job fine.

-Jonathan