Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unexpected Termination Question

2006-12-01 13:07:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unexpected Termination Question
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:07:33 -0500
I've been fighting for a while with some NDMP backup problems.  To work
around some limitations with Windows, I'm testing a Linux media server.
I started a backup this morning and all was fine until I returned from
lunch.  Here's what the bpbrm log said on the Media server (Master's
event log reported that bpbrm killed the job):

12:42:23.929 [12604] <2> bpbrm readline: EOF detected on NAME socket
12:42:23.962 [12604] <32> bpbrm main: unexpected termination of client
159.230.4.30

Any idea of where to look for the NAME socket problem?  Would there be
any clues - I'm just not sure for what to look.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer