Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bad Tape / Restore

2006-11-28 15:17:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bad Tape / Restore
From: Vincent_Mase at harvardpilgrim.org (Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:17:51 -0500
I once was able to get data off a bad tape by putting the tape in the
freezer.  We needed a particular file and the restore failed on every tape
drive we had.   After leaving it in the freezer for about an hour the
restore worked.

Vincent Mase
Perot Systems

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be
privileged and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete the message without saving, copying or disclosing
it.  Thank you.