Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sharing drives between NDMP and non NDMPenvironments

2006-11-27 14:40:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sharing drives between NDMP and non NDMPenvironments
From: Rajmund.Siwik at conexant.com (Rajmund Siwik)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:40:42 -0800
SSO requires Data OnTap 7.1.1 and then 7.2.1.

--Rajmund

Drive sharing (SSO) for NDMP is a new 'feature' in 6.0, however I
believe connecting them as shared resources to the NetApps requires
NetApp DataOnTap version 7.2... Looks like they were shooting for OnTap
7.1.1 but I don't think it made it in...

I also have a .pdf from NetApp about the joint venture, outlining what
was done - if you want me to send it, (18pgs) email me directly.

--
Here was the update from one of our reps sent 10/6/06:
--

Supposedly it is not in 7.2 but will be in future revs of 7.2.x

I just pulled the release notes for 7.1.1 and it's right in there:

Support for SCSI reservations for the Symantec VERITAS NetBackup 6
Shared Storage Option
Data ONTAP 7.1.1 supports SCSI Reserve/Release commands for the Symantec
VERITAS NetBackup 6 Shared Storage Option, which allows users to
dynamically share tape devices with NDMP backup policies. To enable the
SCSI Reserve/Release commands, set the tape.reservations option to scsi.
For more information, see the na_options(1) man page.

auburn.edu

When I look at the licenses that I have installed on my server I have
this
listed, is this the add-on license that you refering to or this is
something
else?

Thanks for help.

License Key:     xxxxxxxx