Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN backups

2006-11-27 12:34:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN backups
From: jroyer at digitalmotorworks.com (Joe Royer)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:34:13 -0600 (CST)
In the RMAN script:

ORACLE_SID=`echo $NB_ORA_POLICY |sed 's/.*_//'`

where the policy name is RMAN_prod_(database_name)  This way I have one
RMAN script for each *version* of Oracle, even when I have 6 databases
running the same version I'm not maintaining 6 RMAN scripts.  By verison,
I mean 10g or 9i, not 10.2.0.2.

Although, Wayne T Smith's comment about multiple App schedules has me
thinking, perhaps I don't work closely enough with my DBAs.  I may have
some room for improvement.  I currently have Full backups and Archive logs
on the same retention, which isn't really a bad thing, but it would be
nice to split off a Level 1.