Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO-3 and MPX

2006-11-27 11:17:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO-3 and MPX
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:17:49 -0800 (PST)
> So what happens on the drive side if I have MPX set to 3 and then start a
> backup of 2 clients that can push data fast and 1 client that are really
> slow?
>
> Is it the slow client that decide the speed of the drive then and make it
> stop/rewind/paus etc. and the other clients have to wait for the slower one?
>
> Thanks and regards,

Good question.  I don't often run NetBackup with MPX, but I can tell you
that on Networker, the slow one doesn't slow anything down and I expect
the same is true on NetBackup.  There it's just buffering data from the
clients.  If one client is slow, it doesn't contribute as much to the
buffer, but that doesn't affect the overall throughput much.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com