Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACS Error: robot inventory failed: Unable toinitialize robot (204)

2006-11-22 10:26:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACS Error: robot inventory failed: Unable toinitialize robot (204)
From: Mike.Andres at mcdata.com (Mike Andres)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:26:53 -0700
If your media server is multi-homed you may need to look at the vm.conf entry:

ACSSSI Host Name

        ACS_SSI_HOSTNAME = host

        This configuration entry applies only to NetBackup Enterprise Server

        If this entry is specified in vm.conf, you can specify the host where
RPC return packets from ACS library software are routed for ACS network
communications. By default, the local host name is used. This entry is read and
interpreted on the host where acsd and acsssi are running.

        You may also need to make sure you have the corresponding hostname in
/etc/hosts.