Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP4 appearing on FTP site

2006-11-21 07:41:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP4 appearing on FTP site
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:41:11 -0600
On 11/20/2006 10:26 PM, Wilkinson, Tim wrote:
>  Ed,
>
> I noticed that you mentioned in one of your posts you'd install MP4; did
> this come about from contact with Symantec or did you guys just download
> from this ftp site and give it a go?

Hi Tim,

We've been working closely with Symtantec since we installed 6.0MP3 and
started having significant problems.  We were one of the sites that they
found "challenging".  We installed many patches since and were one of
the first customers to install the beta for MP4.  We knew a while ago
when the GA release was likely to be and were giving early access to the
MP4 GA release. It was installed on our servers before it hit the public
sites.

> I'm a bit reluctant to just install from this ftp site until someone
> tells these are to be the public releases.

The FTP site I listed in my early note is the public release.  The web
site seems to be behind the FTP site.  Private releases are posted by
Symantec to a password-protected FTP site.

> I'm pretty keen to get NOM MP4 installed due to the fact NOM is really
> quite buggy presently but I was talking to a support person in Australia
> and they never mentioned the MP4s were being uploaded today, which I'd
> have thought they may have been aware of.

Contact Aptare sales.  You won't regret it :-)

> However, if these are definitely the [soon-to-be] public releases, I
> might just get stuck in!

This is the public release.  Not "soon-to-be" - this is it!

Cheers,
        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA