Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anyone on this list interfaced NB 5.1 with ACSLS?

2006-11-17 15:39:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone on this list interfaced NB 5.1 with ACSLS?
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:39:46 -0500 (EST)
Hey,

I am setting up NetBackup 5.1 to communicate with ACSLS on an SL8500, the
Sun/STK guys have already setup ACSLS.

How did you add the robot/etc?

When I click "show contents"-- I get unable to connect to software robotic
daemon, error(42)- that's because ltid is not running.

Once I run:

# setup ACSLS daemon variables
export CSI_HOSTNAME=backups-acsls.domain.com

# start ACSLS event logger
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/acssel &

# run ACSLS daemon on veritas side
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/acsssi &

# start ltid daemon
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ltid -v &

Then I can run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/robtest (which invokes acstest) and I
can run commands on the robot and such.  How come I cannot show contents
of the robot and how come ltid does not stay up?

Do you have any good documentation on this stuff or can you offer any
advice?

$ ps auxww | grep -i ltid
jpiszcz      5834  0.0  0.0  3680  664 pts/3    S    11:16   0:00 grep -i
ltid

I take it I need to have the drives hooked up before I can do anything?
They are currently attached & in the robot but we're still working on
getting the driver pushed out for the fiber HBAs, is this why it does not
work?  I can use robtest and run commands directly to the robot but I
cannot inventory/show contents and such, is this because I do not have any
tape drives in the robot?