Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Max drives used for backup

2006-11-17 11:03:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Max drives used for backup
From: jroyer at digitalmotorworks.com (Joe Royer)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:03:55 -0600 (CST)
On a similar note, I created a 1-drive STU for destaging because the
DSSU has an annoying (and stupid) habit of allocating all available
drives when it tries to destage.  Of course this makes all the streams
(3 in this case) go slowly because they're all reading from the same
DSSU spindles.  The 1-drive STU doesn't work.  I can't help noticing
that the option says "Maximum concurrent drives used for backup"  (not
duplication).  This must be a bug since it defeats the whole purpose
of the DSSU, which is to keep the tape drive spinning.  5.1 MP5 Linux
(haven't tried it on MP4 yet).