Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Aptare gotchas?

2006-11-15 18:17:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Aptare gotchas?
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:17:26 -0600
* Tschida, Tom (STP) <tom.tschida at guidant.com> [2006-11-15 12:05]:
> Hello all,
>
> we're looking at purchasing Aptare for our NetBackup and BackupExec
> (yes, they will be supporting BE this starting this month) environments.
> It's it promoted for the most part as easy plug-n-play.  Does anyone
> have any lessons learned regarding the implementation of this tool?  Any
> info is appreciated.

The implementation is generally pretty easy, we have done installs and
upgrades over the last few years with only a few small issues.  The
biggest lesson learned I can give you is to read the documentation
throughly BEFORE starting.  It is pretty well laid out and not too hard
to follow, but there are small things that you could miss if you don't
pay attention. None of them are earth-shattering, but can be a little
annoying. :-)

Their phone support for the install is very good and the whole process
took only a couple hours for us.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com