Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Backups

2006-11-15 13:07:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Backups
From: pcd at xinupro.com (Peter DrakeUnderkoffler)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:07:32 -0500

The oracle client does nothing like that, all the management of archive and
redo logs
is always handled within Oracle.  The agent simply understands both RMAN and
Oracle API
and executes a RMAN script.  Keep in mind that at times some house cleaning is
needed
between the RMAN catalogs and the NetBackup catalogs in reference to expired
images
to RMAN backup id names.

Thanks
Peter