Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Implementation - What Licenses Do I need?

2006-11-14 23:36:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Implementation - What Licenses Do I need?
From: nelcaps at gmail.com (Nelson Caparroso)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:36:57 -0500
We've currently the following Legato Networker Configuration:

   - 1 Main Server mid-range - hooked up to 2 Libraries with 8 Drives
   each
   - 8 Mid-to-Large Servers that are Storage Nodes and Licensed for DDS
   (Dynamic Drive Sharing)
   - These 8 Storage Nodes can claim any drives from the 2 Libraries so
   backups are local (We have a SAN)
   - The environment has hundreds of pure Networker CLients, simply
   backed up over the network
   - These networker clients are backed up using the Main server  or
   divied up accross the 8 "storage nodes"

So in NBU 6.0 scenario, what kind of licenses will I need?  I will obviously
will need one Master Server that can also be the Media Server right? And I
believe, unless I need to back up my pure network backup clients thorugh my
"storage nodes", I will only require those "storage nodes" to have SSO
license? But if I want to back up my clients to these SSO nodes, then I will
need to make those nodes a Media Server?  Is this correct?

So what essentially do I need as far as Licenses?

Thanks and would appreciate any input.