Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bpexpdate not working, freezing

2006-11-13 14:47:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bpexpdate not working, freezing
From: stumpb at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:47:39 -0500
NetBackup is greatly diffferent in version 6.0 with the EMM database.
Please read this technote
GENERAL ERROR: When attempting to expire a media in Veritas NetBackup
(tm) 6.0 with the bpexpdate command, the message "requested media id was
not found in the EMM database" is received.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/280202

>>> "Sponsler, Michael" <Michael.Sponsler at ngc.com> 11/13/2006 12:14:22
PM >>>

Netbackup 6 MP2, solaris 8 media server, solaris 10 master server.
Quantum Superloader, SDLT600.  Each media server has a Superloader
connected locally via SCSI.
I'm trying to deassign tapes so I can erase/label them for re-use.
When trying to run the bpexpdate command (on the media server), it will
ask me if I'm sure I want to delete the tape, I answer 'y' for yes, and
it will sit there for hours.  I'll have to do a control-C to kill the
command, and the tape will still be assigned.  I get no error, haven't
seen anything in /var/adm/messages on the media or master server.  I
haven't seen anything distinguishable in the netbackup logs.  Has anyone
had any problems like this before?  Anyone have any suggestions?
--
Mike Sponsler
Northrop Grumman
Michael.Sponsler at ngc.com