Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] cinc and dinc on one tape

2006-11-13 09:02:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] cinc and dinc on one tape
From: dave.markham at fjserv.net (Dave Markham)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:02:48 +0000
Netbackup 5.0mp4 Solaris 9 environment with some win2k clients.

Is it do people think to have diff incrementals and cumulative
incrementals with the same retention on the same media?

We have a network based backup which takes ages due to the amount of
data on the machine. I have put a suggestion to management it should be
directly attached to the L700 via fibre and have SSO option installed,
but until that gets past the politics i was thinking of changing the
cinc to a dinc on the daily policy i have. I just didnt want to start
creating a new volume pool as it would then have to wait for drives to
be free as other backups are writing to the daily_cinc pool i have.

The retentions would be the same but i was just wondering on peoples
thoughts

Thanks