Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting

2006-11-12 07:09:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting
From: anas at up.org.qa (Anas Kayal)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:09:56 +0300
Greetings All,

Im kind of new to Veritas. Im running NetBackup 5.1 with mp5 on a
windows server. Now I'm having a lot of problems managing my tapes with
all these barcodes and manual backup logs. I also have weekly and
monthly backups that go to a remote site. I also handle the system side
of the company so im pretty busy. I need a better way to know whats
going on with my tapes and when they expire. I read about vaulting and I
think it can help me with my problem. Now I need to know 2 things:

1.       Will vaulting help me??

2.       How can I get it? Im in Qatar and my local veritas dealer
hasn't supplied any licenses for vaulting in Qatar yet. Is there
somewhere I can download a trial version to get the feel of it?

Anas Kayal

System Administrator

IT Department

Urban Planning and Development Authority

This mail has been scanned by Symantec Mail Security for SMTP at UP.ORG.QA