Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Differential / Cumulative Backups

2006-11-09 11:56:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Differential / Cumulative Backups
From: bobbyrjw at bellsouth.net (Bobby Williams)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:56:28 -0500
Because when you run your differential incrementals, the archive bit will be
set.  If you try to do a cumulative after a differentail (or the other way
around), nothing has its archive bit in a state that says it needs to be backed
up.

Unix uses the data/time of the last successfull backup of the policy.  Since
both would look back to the last schedule of type FULL, they should get the
right info.

I really never thought of doing it that way.

Bobby