Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RES: bpbkart on unix

2006-11-07 11:25:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RES: bpbkart on unix
From: bobbyrjw at bellsouth.net (Bobby Williams)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:25:44 -0500
When Sun came out with the V240's, they published a document saying that the
BGE interface was fully IEEE compliant and to not change the functionality from
auto neg.

I have over 20 V240's as masters and media servers, all are set to Auto.  Works
on the Gig ports and the 100MB ports.

It did not work when setting the speeds, as was required on the CE, HME, LE
ports.  When we found the doc, it was like pulling teeth to get it implemented
(you know, we have always done it this way).

We had a lot of unpredictable network ports until we let the auto neg do what
it is supposed to do.