Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How Netbackup handles NFS

2006-11-07 07:56:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How Netbackup handles NFS
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:56:19 -0500
You would get anything under /data/iwmnt EXCEPT /data/iwmnt/default as
the latter is an NFS mount that you told it not to follow.

You tried to restore main/internet/xxxxx/WORKAREA/2006 from under
/data/iwmnt/default so of course it is 0 bytes as you don't backup
anything under default.

The correct way to restore the file would be to restore to the NFS
server host ("Server_name" below) rather than the NFS client host and
restore /iwserver/default/main/internet/xxxxx/WORKAREA/2006 there.
Once this restore was done you would be able to see the file under
/data/iwmnt/default/main/internet/xxxxx/WORKAREA/2006 on the NFS client
host.