Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to get SSO SAN Media Server LTO Drives back *without* rebooting ?

2006-11-05 22:07:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to get SSO SAN Media Server LTO Drives back *without* rebooting ?
From: alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Alex)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:07:27 +0800
Hi all,

We are consistently having to reboot our servers (both windows and unix) to get
our LTO3 SSO drives back (after they mysteriously disappear).

Scenario:

For one reason or another we loose a drive and to get it back for example we
powercycle our library and our NB master can now see the drive(s), however, our
SAN Media servers cannot see the drives unless we reboot them. This is *bad* -
_really_ bad. These are production servers and cannot be rebooted on a whim.

So the question:

Can anyone recommend how to get SAN Media Servers to see their SSO drives again
*without* having to reboot ?

We are running NB-6.0-MP3 both Solaris and Windows 2003 Masters.

Regards

 -aW