Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] McData vs Brocade

2006-11-02 18:43:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] McData vs Brocade
From: hampus.lind at rps.police.se (Hampus Lind)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 00:43:43 +0100
We are a mcdata shop today. We have never had any problems with there
directors or there switches (we have the Sphereon 4700 as well). I am very
please with mcdata...

The problem for us today is that we really need to replace our directors and
edge switches and with the upcoming merge of the two companies I cant say
that mcdata is our given choice any more..

The thing is, the merge will probably to trough. Mcdata has always been
better  on the director side, meanwhile brocade have owned the switch sector
(more or less).

I am currently at the Storage Networking World conference in Orlando, and I
have interigated both brocade and mcdata about the merge. They cant really
give any details today.

But.. The market has acted already. For instance, HP blade systems only
comes with brocade switches...

But again, although brocade perhaps would be the long term choice they will
support mcdata products for many years to come..

I would suggest you to go with the one that feels most comfortably to you
and maps well to your other infrastructure. I think both the switches lives
up to your demands.

Good luck!

Hampus Lind
Rikspolisstyrelsen