Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Determine efficiency of tape usage.

2006-10-31 22:17:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Determine efficiency of tape usage.
From: Tristan.Ball at vsl.com.au (Tristan Ball)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:17:11 +1100
You can get this from bpmedialist.

I don't much like it's normal two line report output form, so I'd just
grab the relevant fields from "bpmedialist -l" and pretty print them. On
this kind of a question, I would present a two section report, the first
being on Full tapes, showing number in circulation, calculated
compression ratios etc. The second section would show non-full tapes,
with a breakdown on where they are, and some notes on why they're not
full.

Actually, you can see the basic details in the media manager part of the
gui too, just filter which columns you can see. :-)

Regards,

            T.

---

Tristan Ball