Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tar Write Errors and Tape Consumption

2006-10-26 18:19:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tar Write Errors and Tape Consumption
From: jerry_vochteloo at symantec.com (Jerry Vochteloo)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:19:27 -0700
After I configure drives I tend to use robtest to see if I have them right

m s1 d1
unload d1
m d1 d2
unload d2

etc

m dx s1

The move moves the tape into what the robots thinks is drive 1 the unload
unloads what is configured to be drive one, if
there is a mismatch you find it then (ie it will tell you there is no tape in
the drive.

Cheers

--
Jerry Vochteloo
w: +61-2-8220-7043, m: +61 408 206 748

The opinions stated here are mine and do not necessarily represent those of
Symantec Corp