Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 advantages?

2006-10-26 12:47:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 advantages?
From: Brandon.Zermeno at Pulte.com (Brandon Zermeno)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:47:57 -0700
It has been about a year since I ran 5.1 so I don't quite remember how
they ran but with 6 a failed backup, like a full monthly, will retry at
your set frequency (in our case 12 hours) until it completes with a 0 or
1. Sometimes it will try and run the same job everyday for a week. We
rarely have to manually rerun jobs now. But I do agree that 5 is more
stable. The 6 upgrade has required a lot of work to get 99% success.