Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server, Adic Library, and Drivers

2006-10-25 11:28:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server, Adic Library, and Drivers
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:28:14 -0400
We're testing a Linux media server now to try and resolve some NDMP issues.  I
have the Media server set up, talking to my Master, fiber connectivity to a
tape drive (properly zoned), but I can't find drivers.  I've contacted ADIC
support, but they've been no help.  I've found IBM drivers (library contains
IBM LTO3s), but they don't work for fibre attached, just SCSI.  The fibre
attached drivers link to Emulex, but we have QLogic cards.

Now, I'm about at the end of my rope.  Any suggestions?  Contact Veritas
support?  My last hope is to wait on my ADIC Sales Rep's Engineer.

Thanks,
Jason