Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question regarding LTO2 tape cleaning in tape libraries.

2006-10-23 08:10:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question regarding LTO2 tape cleaning in tape libraries.
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:10:53 -0400 (EDT)
What is the best method to configure NetBackup to use cleaning tapes?  I
know you can tpclean -L and check for "NEEDS CLEANING" -- however, I want
it to clean the drives only when TapeAlert is activated (when the drive
says it needs cleaning)-- is there anything special one needs to do for
this?

I will mention it appears to be happening automatically & correctly with
StorageTek robots; but with HP ESL9595 robots, it may work differently?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin.